JOB TITLE: Business Development Manager (BDM) - Lighting Specification
EMPLOYER/BASE: Megaman UK Limited, Welwyn Garden City
REPORTING TO: Senior Business Development Manager (BDM) - Lighting Specification
Close working relationship with the Senior BDM lighting specification, BDD Neonlite HK, GM Megaman UK, Asia Project team.
- Assist the senior BDM and look after designated key contacts as directed.
- Support development and creation of specification sales of the extensive product range distributed by Neonlite Group for projects with a focus on London based specifiers.
- Help establish & maintain relationships with key specification contacts within the industre and ensure Neonlite’s brand portfolio in lighting solutions is at the forefront at all times.
- Ensure written specifications are generated and converted into product sales as per the specification document and any international projects are followed up.
- To play a creative role in the development of products, services and literature offered by Neonlite International to support project specification.
- Develop and act upon specification leads locally and internationally.
- Look to develop relationships with global chains with a focus on hospitality and retail sectors. Follow up on leads in this area supplied by the Asia project team.
- Create and build relationships with all involved in the specification supply chain, such as contractor/installers, wholesalers, retail businesses & hospitality businesses.
- Maintain project & quotations register on CRM. Provide regular reports on project status.
- Achieve targets in the value of projects quoted and their conversion to profitable sales.
KEY KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS REQUIRED
- Highly energetic, professional, self-motivated and able to work and think without close supervision and a natural inner drive to succeed with excellent communication skills.
- Adept at developing rapport and cultivating strong relationships.
- Strong specification & technical selling skills in lighting projects.
- Able to analyse and interrogate information in a clear and concise manner, under pressure and to deadlines.
- Ability to relate to specification customers to help them realize their own design concepts and provide competent lighting solutions.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office packages and CRM systems
- This role involves regular travelling to meet clients, sometimes internationally so a clean, full driving licence and willingness to travel overseas are essential.
- £35,000 basic salary plus bonus package based on KPI’s worth at least 10% if on target to be paid annually after audit usually in March if still in employment.
- Company car or car allowance of £400-
- 25 days holiday plus statutory annually.
- Probation period of 6 months, with 2 weeks’ notice either side then 1 month’s notice applies thereafter.
- Auto-enrolment in company pension scheme after probation.
- Company health scheme and death in service benefit after probation
If you would like to apply for this role please email your CV to email@example.com FAO of Glen Krise.