As the global lighting industry moves towards more widespread use of LED technology, there appears to be a growing need for design expertise to get the best from this new approach.
Most domestic and small commercial lighting installations are historically based on the use of incandescent lamps, halogens and fluorescent products. Simply replacing these lamps with LED based products within existing fittings will seldom result in satisfactory outcomes, as there are significant differences in light output, radiation patterns, colour rendering and dimming requirements.
Megaman feels that if LED based lighting technology is to be widely and successfully applied, the public will need some professional help in ensuring that their installations are getting the best that LEDs have to offer, are efficient, pleasing and trouble-free. Megaman therefore believes that lighting designers have a key role to play in the future and seeks to strengthen its relationship with this important professional group.
There is little doubt that if LED based lighting technology is to be widely and successfully applied, the public will need some professional help in ensuring that their installations are getting the best that LEDs have to offer. So lighting designers will have a key role to play in ensuring that LED based lighting schemes of the future are efficient, pleasing and trouble-free. It follows that it will be to our distinct advantage to strengthen our relationship with this important professional group.
The support we are looking to offer these accredited designers is;
- The network will consist of accredited lighting designers who know Megaman products well, feel happy to specify them, and in return get practical support, better trade terms and official livery / recognition.
- There will be no requirement to use or specify Megaman products exclusively.
- We will support this community by programmes of regular communications, ensuring that members are informed of the latest product and technology developments.
- We will also host a programme of workshops and seminars, to provide in-depth information on applications and best lighting practice.
- We will also create a library of leading edge “how to” articles which can be used by designers as frameworks for their own design and writing efforts.
- Using Megaman’s own PR and promotional strengths, we can pursue editorial opportunities for accredited designers to build their own public profiles and status using our material.
- Our website