Tips & Hints
Megaman low energy light bulbs, using either LED or CFL technology, are fast replacing obsolete incandescent light bulbs. To help you get the best value from using these latest energy saving products, here are a few top tipsâ¦
All light bulbs consume energy, so only use them where necessary or practical. Itâs actually more environmentally responsible to use natural light whenever possible.
- You can save most energy by using LED based low energy bulbs, which can save up to 90% of the energy consumed by old fashioned incandescent bulbs for the same light output.
- You can also save up to 80% of energy consumed by old fashioned incandescent bulbs by using Compact Fluorescent Lamps (CFLs).
- LED based bulbs cost more than CFLs, but last longer and save more energy. So, when considering a more energy efficient lighting system, base your calculations on the long term benefits.
- When choosing low energy replacement bulbs, only select those marked with an âapprovedâ energy label to ensure luminous efficacy. The energy label guarantees that the lamp can operate a long service life and illumination output is able to meet international safety standards.
- Use timer control devices to limit unnecessary lighting.
- Ageing lamps or dirt on fixtures can reduce total illumination by up to 50%. Periodical cleaning can help aid illumination.
- Use the appropriate number of low energy lamps to replace the use of high wattage incandescent types. Do this by referring to conversion tables which compare light output in Lumens. You can use our energy saving calculator.
- Consider the immediate environment in which your new lamps are to be used. You might even consider cleaning or repainting rooms with lighter colours to enhance light reflection.